The development team forming PerfTech, Inc. enjoys a 35-year history during which it has consistently forged new ground in networking technology while demonstrating the ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and new business environments. The team is experienced in taking the entire responsibility for products, both hardware and software, including market research, product definition, design, development, and assembly.
With the founding of PerfTech, the team created and introduced the Bulletin System product line, a unique system enabling ISPs to communicate directly to subscribers while they are online. Designed to supply the carrier-grade performance and scalability required to support millions of users, PerfTech's technology is proven in deployed ISP networks worldwide, having successfully delivered billions of verified messages over the past 11 years.
The team continuously upgraded an Internet gateway product line and developed a VoIP gateway, while adding vital new talent after Performance Technology’s acquisition by Bay/Nortel Networks.
During its tenure as a networking startup, Performance Technology, the team created a suite of LAN and Internet products that received a myriad of publication labs’ recognition, including 8 PC Magazine Editors’ Choice Awards, and Inc. Magazine’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” award to co-founder Jonathan Schmidt.
The team created the highly successful products that became the nucleus for the Datapoint networking operating system and the hardware and software for the first commercial LAN (ARCNET). For his role in the development of ARCNET, PerfTech’s John Murphy has received special recognition from NASA.
Innovations and Patents
Much of the team’s innovation is reflected in patents involving Internet protocol and support techniques. Other areas of expertise include creative implementations of IP stacks, firewalls, IP telephony, VPNs, encryption technology, and related protocols exhibiting extraordinary performance and reliability in carrier-grade environments. The team has been awarded 12 patents, three of which protect PerfTech’s current Bulletin System product line; over half a dozen patent applications are in various stages of process within the PTO.
As a partial list, the PerfTech team has designed and built:
- The first LAN-to-Internet gateway, including everything from the hardware to the operating system, as well as leading-edge management software that made our systems extremely easy to use
- The first dynamic-to-dynamic IPsec VPN implementation (using DDNS and patent #6,976,071)
- The first PPPoE gateway
- MSS rewrite (patent #6,973,097), a technology now used in practically every router in the world
- The first in-browser messaging system using only the upstream data path, and the first using only out-of-path (mirrored) upstream packets
Philosophy and Corporate Culture
Here are some important facts that convey who we are and attest to our commitment to quality:
- In the last 35 years, we have never released a product with a known bug; it is very rare that customers find a defect in our products
- During our 35-year history, our engineers have catered to carrier-grade, high-performance network environments in demanding industries such as international banks, airlines, manufacturing, and NASA, where a system failure is simply intolerable
- Since PerfTech’s founding 11 years ago, not a single member of the engineering team has left the company; this continuity fosters extraordinary synergy, creativity, and efficiency among the team
- Every one of our customers serves as a PerfTech reference
Contact us to discuss your needs today.